Saturday, June 12, 2010

When it started...

A note on how it all began.

Our journey started in 1999. We had been together for a little over a year, we were planning our wedding for that summer, and then I found out I was pregnant. I was happy, but more concerned about how I was going to fit into my wedding dress while I was 4 months pregnant! Would I be showing at 4 months? I had no idea, I had never been pregnant before. I went to my doctor's appointments and did everything I was supposed to do. I was just going to have to find a way to fit into that dress.

Then I found out it was twins. There's no way my dress will fit now. That's what I thought. I was 2 months pregnant with twins, and I was getting married in 2 months, my dress will never fit.

I had no idea just how well my dress would fit. I wish it hadn't.

Within days of finding out I was having twins, I saw blood. A lot of blood. And I had pain. A lot of pain. My OB had me go to the ER where they did an ultrasound and my heart broke when we learned we had lost one of our babies. We were told we would likely lose the other baby as well. But, I stopped bleeding. I was put on bed rest. The second baby was doing wonderful - strong heartbeat, but something was still wrong. Three weeks later I woke up to that horrible pain. And blood. A lot of blood. Again my OB had me go to the ER where they did an ultrasound. The baby was there, the heart was beating... a strong 153 bpm. What a fighter. Fifteen minutes later, as the OB on call was about to examine me to find out exactly where all the blood was coming from, my baby was born. So perfect, so tiny. A baby that fit in the palm of my hand.

I was no longer pregnant. My wedding dress fit perfectly.

2 comments:

  1. Woah!! you lost twins BEFORE losing landon?!?!? I am so sorry girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I lost three babies before losing Landon. He was supposed to be our miracle baby - he was going to make it.

    ReplyDelete